Archive for February 8th, 2011
As working out is important for building muscles, getting the proper sleep is important for recovering. If you want to see some huge muscular gains, you need to start taking care of those nightly hours spent off in a dream world. To help you maximize your muscular results from nightly rest, here are some tips for getting the best night of rest possible.
Nothing keeps sleep away more than an uncomfortable temperature. If you’re too cold, you wake up shivering. If you’re too hot, you spend the night sweating. Try to balance out the room’s temperature before you go to bed. If you want to get really serious about the temperature of your room, check the weather before you go to bed, and plan accordingly.
Too many technological toys in the bedroom can lead to some serious distractions. You start heading to sleep, but your phone rings, so you wake up. Maybe you’re heading to sleep and you catch a glimpse of your computer screen, leading to thoughts of the Internet, video games, and movies. Cut the technology from your room and you may see a more restful slip into sleep.
- Tech-Free Clock
Some digital clocks send a cascade of color soaring through a darkened room. Even a slight tinge of red can be distracting when you are trying to head off to sleep. Even worse are the alarm clocks with green color, because the human eye is designed to pick up the color green. Crack an eye for a minute and you will be wide awake. Opting out of digital clock will give you the alarm, but without the headache of cascading colors.
- New Mattress
Too many people spend the night tossing and turning because they can never quite get comfy. This is something that modern mattresses have been trying to do away with. If your mattress is older, used, or lumpy, it is time to get an upgrade. The investment may be exactly what you and your muscles need to continue developing. If you want to get a professional opinion, head to a chiropractor.
- Blankets and Pillows
Just as vital as the mattress are the pillows and blankets. If you find yourself frustrated with the feel of a specific blanket or pillow, get rid of it. You can always buy a new one, and there is no reason to sacrifice the growth of your muscles for a simple blanket. If you are asking a chiropractor about a mattress, you should also ask them about blankets, pillows, and mattress pads, too.
Roughly 80% of a cow’s milk is caseins, which are phosphorous-containing proteins. The other 20% of a cow’s milk is whey protein, the infamous twin to casein. Once dehydrated, the casein is isolated into a powder. Even though both whey and casein are contained in a cow’s milk, they each perform different tasks within the body of a human.
- Muscle Mass
Casein is designed to leak into your system at a slower pace than whey protein, like a time-released pill or capsule. Rather than getting this huge chunk of protein right away, you can enjoy the lasting sensation of it, overtime. This can help with recovery and muscle mass production, because you are focusing a direct nutrient on your muscles for an extended period of time. Whey protein hits it quick, yet it does not rival the effects of casein.
- Muscle Recovery
As stated before, casein moves through the body at a slower rate, because your stomach cannot digest it all in a brief amount of time. This can be extremely helpful for athletes looking to build muscle and recover from a workout. Most muscle tissue repair occurs at night while the person is asleep, and casein can continue seeping into your body during the late hours of the night. Take some before you go to bed and your body will be swimming in the excess amount of protein throughout the night.
- Optimizing Growth Patterns
To truly optimize your growth patterns, it is suggested that you combine a rigorous exercise routine, nutritious diet plan, and protein supplements. This will help to create the ideal internal bodily environment needed to supply your muscles with constant stimulation and recovery. If you are sick of your current workout results, you may need to supplement casein in as an overnight protein. As stated, it will continue nursing your muscles back to normal for much longer than the standard whey protein.
- Casein or Whey Protein
As a parting note, some athletes wonder about which kind of protein they should take: casein or whey. The final decision really comes down to what you want flowing through your body: something instantaneous or prolonged. It depends on your preference for protein delivery. If you cannot decide, you could opt for both whey and casein, creating a super-charged protein combination. Of course, some individuals should not consume that much protein within a small amount of time. It is best to talk to your doctor before finalizing any decision.